I am a licensed psychologist who specializes in psychotherapy in San Francisco.
The Purpose of Psychotherapy
My San Francisco psychotherapy practice can help individuals in the following ways:
- To learn how to endure, manage, and overcome difficult emotional states
- To better understand your thoughts, feelings, and relationships with others
- To facilitate connections between past experiences and present day behaviors
- To cultivate self-acceptance, inner strength, and the ability to make healthier choices
- To become increasingly comfortable with who you really are and what you really want
Type of Psychotherapy
In my San Francisco practice, I offer psychotherapy that promotes meaningful change in character, felt experience, and behavior. I work with a diverse clientele of individuals who encompass a wide range of ages, professions, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
Topics Discussed In Psychotherapy
Many people come to psychotherapy not knowing what to expect and where to begin. Some of the things that we may discuss include:
- Who you would like to be and your goals
- Your current situation and the obstacles which prevent you from living your life more fully
- Your strengths and achievements
In some cases, individuals find it helpful to think about significant or recurring dreams that they have had. If you would like to read more about the process of working with your dreams in psychotherapy, please read my article on Dream Analysis.
Feedback & Measuring Progress in Psychotherapy